The Blue Diamond Club very much appreciates the extraordinary generosity of our lunch guests when they purchase raffle tickets for prize draws. A staggering £2,175 has been raised so far, all of which has been donated to causes close to Bristol Rovers and their connections.
This means we have been able to pass on:
- £400 to Bristol Rovers Community Trust for their ‘Extra Time’ project
- £500 to Bristol Rovers Academy for educational purposes
- £500 to the Myotonic Dystrophy Support Group (see below)
- £200 to provide refreshment facilities in the Bristol Ambulance Medical Room
- £75 to St Augustine’s Church, Downend for letting us ‘borrow’ their Organist for the Christmas Carols two years running
- £500 to Bristol Rovers Community Trust for their ‘Mental Health – Recovery Through Sport’ project (see below)
On 23rd February 2019, at the Sunderland match, we were proud to present £500 to Adam Tutton at the Bristol Rovers Community Trust for their ‘Mental Health – Recovery Through Sport’ project.
On 8th December 2018, at the Doncaster Rovers match, we were proud to present Dave Fletcher with a cheque for £1,000 to add to his fundraising efforts for a registered charity, the Myotonic Dystrophy Support Group. £500 of this came from us, and £500 was matched by our brothers and sisters over at the Bristol Rovers Former Players Association (BRFPA).
Dave has just returned from an around the world motorbike ride, with his friend Gary. Entitled ‘From Manhattan to The Mem’ they travelled 20,000 miles around the world, riding West for 205 days on their Husqvarna 701 motorcycles, first across the USA, then South Korea, Siberian Russia, Mongolia and the Stans.
Whilst half way across America Dave decided he had got “quite attached to this bike, and I thought she needs a name”. After much thought on many long drives, the obvious suddenly popped into his head, so Dave is pictured below on ‘Irene’, with the stunning Utah salt flats as a backdrop.
Their full adventure is available at www.2wheeladventurer.com